Thursday, December 28, 2006

Last Days

It's coming up to the last day and half on this job. It has been a very strange 7 week experience. My work ethic has definitely been challenged. For one, my office is vacant. It has the space for 5 co-workers and a large office for my boss. However, I'm the only one ever there. I rarely see my boss and I have no co-workers. I have been at the new office for about a month and am surprised at just how lonely I get.

I miss my having co-workers scrambling around me, asking me questions, debating about different aspects of Association management, making fun of varies pompous Board members, even the annoying "talker" that used to come around. I come up with several daily excuses to bother the Allstate lady next door. Do you have any mail for us? I know she doesn't....No, she replies. I linger in the doorway hoping for a tiny bit of conversation, Anything! Throw me a bone lady.

I can also come up with daily excuses to leave the office or come in later in the day. Currently having no heat in the office is a great excuse! No Internet was the excuse for about 3 weeks. Gotta catch up on the work e-mail at home. Darn. I really want to sit in that vacant cold office.. but with no Internet, I am FORCED to work at home. ;)

I'm looking forward to the job I will start next Tuesday so I can once again hold my head up in society. Not a loafer, e-mailing clients at home in my bathrobe with grape nuts stuck in my teeth. Happy days...can't wait to be accountable again.

1 comment:

Peter Brown said...

Last day! Congratulations! I pray you find yourself in a better situation at the new job. It sound like even a slightly normal environment will be a huge improvement!